What To Expect, Fees & Health Insurance
Making an appointment
- Appointments are available weekdays and Saturdays from 7.30am.
- We try to keep emergency appointments available each day.
- Please call/text 07587 743850 or call 0208 883 1441 or book online.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment please give us as much notice as possible. See Cancellation policy below.
If you are a new patient please bring any relevant information to your health status i.e. X rays, referral letters and details of any medication you might be taking.
What to expect
- Your practitioner will take a comprehensive medical history and will assess your current health status and the nature of your complaint. They will then discuss with you their findings, a treatment plan of what is required, how many visits may be required and the likely outcomes.
- All our practitioners will complete a thorough case history, ask you to read through and sign a form giving informed consent to treatment.
- There is then a discussion on possible causes and diagnoses of the problem followed by a physical examination, together with neurological, cardio-vascular or other tests where appropriate. The practitioner will then discuss the diagnosis with you and then proceed to treat the condition.
- We aim to keep the number of treatments to a minimum.
Private Health Insurance Claims
- All or part of your fees may be covered by your Private Health insurance company.
- Please check with your insurance company before you book.
- You may not be covered or have to pay an excess.
- Please tell us you are intending to claim when you book.
- We can assist you with the completion of the necessary forms.
Consult with treatment - Elaine Everitt - 45 mins
Consult with treatment - Luke Millen - 45 mins
Consult with treatment Elaine Everitt - 30 mins
Consult with treatment - Luke Millen - 30 mins
|Babies - Consult with treatment||£60|
Failure to give 24 hours notice will incur a payment of the full fee.